The Krueger Group was intrigued with the opportunity to construct a 3,270 square foot addition in front of an existing house to achieve the owner’s desire for a one-story living floor plan. Challenged to incorporate the very portions of the original house that attracted them to the purchase the home initially, the living room and den, we worked together with the architects to craft an elegant and modern addition.
Upon completion, the addition wraps around the living room, respecting its four corners while expanding it in three directions and creating an open plan that interconnects living, cooking, dining, and entertaining spaces. Architectural features include:
- A professionally landscaped main entrance into the home.
- An entry foyer that serves as the main intersection connecting the old and the new.
- 2-Story lantern tower with clerestory windows that bathes the addition in sunlight.
- A gallery for displaying the homeowners art and professional certifications.
- First floor primary bedroom suite that looks out over the Chagrin Metroparks and Chagrin River.
- 3-Season room that opens to a walk out patio.
- An expanded and renovated kitchen.
- Attached 3-car garage.
- Full basement with access from the interior and exterior.
Final finish details include:
- Clean white cabinetry.
- Grey granite countertops.
- Floor and wall tile in the primary suite bathroom to complement the countertops.
- Site finished red oak flooring.
- Wall to wall red oak tread and riser to match gallery floor at stairs to the basement.
- Large format slate tile at entry foyer.
- Cathedral ceiling in the primary suite.
- Modern linear direct vent gas fireplace in the primary suite.
- Custom light fixtures and recessed track lighting throughout.